Thursday, September 2, 2010

A New Gig

Well me and Mark were looking at the news paper trying to find a second job. He then talked about being in a band. I wasn't so keen on the idea at first but then he said about making money and all that so I eventually agreed. I thought it might be kinda fun.
I never really said anything bout this but I do play guitar. Not that much anymore since I'm so busy but I have my ancient Les Paul hidden in my bedroom under my bed. So I brought it out and practiced a little bit before the audition. After an hour or two it started to come back to me.
We went to audition at this music store. I guess the owners were forming a band. There weren't too many people there. Mark seemed very calm the whole time. I wasn't nervous or anything I just couldn't be calm. I guess I was just anxious. I must have been zoned out cause Mark put his hand on my back and said, "Dude your next. Good luck. Don't mess this up." he smiled and laughed. I flashed him a smile and said, "Don't make them think your a total idiot." we laughed and I went inside the back room where they were auditioning. I thought it went pretty well. I sang "1985". I thought that I should that song cause it's not too hard and easy to play and sing at the same time. Plus I like that song.
Two days later, on Friday, I got a phone call that me and Mark made it and that we should meet everyone at the music store right away. We showed up to meet the owners. Apparently they already got us a gig and said we should practice on the weekends from 2pm-6pm Saturday and Sunday at the shop. Then practice on our own during the week. I was OK with that. Me and Mark decided not to tell you guys til just before our first gig which was in a month.
The next day we had our first practice. We met the other guys. Charlie Davies is my favorite. He's British and it's fun to get him to say stuff. I've always liked Britain's culture so advanced and fancy. He plays bass. He's really good at it. We got talking and he's cool. Likes football, motorcycles and stuff like that. Next is Cameron Hayze. He's abut of a character kinda like Mark. He plays drums pretty well so I'll deal. We got started wrote some songs remixed some good popular songs. We were actually starting to come together. The music store owners, Ron and Mike, offered me a new guitar that I could use but I turned them down. They said to tell them if I change my mind. I won't.
Me and Charlie wrote a song that we do together without Mark and Cam. It was cool spending time with Charlie. We are really good friends. I told him bout all you guys and he told me bout his family. He's had it pretty tough too. He's an orphan and his family that adopted him isn't doing so good. He's doing this to help pay the bills too. He's really close to his twin brother who was adapted by the same family. Our song starts as a slower song but kicks it off, and it's called "Hard Rolling" Its about everything that's happened to us. About our parents dying, bout growing up, bout socs and greasers. Charlie mostly wrote the words I just did the melody.
Our first gig was at Bucks. We didn't need to really invite you guys cause most were already going there. Lissa came which I was glad cause I was kinda nervous. Not about messing up or anything just in general. We got on stage and everyone seemed to like it. I didn't want to leave mark cause of his drinking problem but I had a lot more fun with Lissa after we left ;)

6 comments:

  1. Charlie better not be stealing my best friend :P .....and I dont not have a "drinking problem" cant wait for are next show. it's Saturday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark has a drinking problem :) and I'm so happy for you guys! I can't believe they actually liked Mark! I've heard him sing..and well..it's not so great :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your friends with a Brit? I don't know how I feel about that.....haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys started singing at Some point Benny and The Jets.

    ReplyDelete